Grand Rapids Postnuptial Agreement Lawyer
Protect Your Future with a Postnuptial Agreement
Have you recently gotten married or are you planning to tie the knot soon? If so, you may want to consider the benefits of a postnuptial agreement. A postnuptial agreement is a contract entered into by a couple after they have gotten married that details how assets will be divided in the event of a divorce.
A postnuptial agreement allows you to plan for the future and protect your financial interests in the event of a divorce. It is important to note that Michigan law only recognizes postnuptial agreements if the couple is already married. If you are planning to get married, you should definitely consult with a lawyer about a prenuptial agreement.
To learn more about postnuptial agreements, contact The Wealthy Street Law Firm.
What Is Included in a Postnuptial Agreement?
There are a number of things that a postnuptial agreement might include. Some of the more common provisions include:
- A statement of the assets that each party owns at the time of the agreement
- A statement of each party's income and expenses
- A statement of how the couple's property will be divided in the event of a divorce, including any property acquired during the marriage
- A statement of how the couple's debts will be divided in the event of a divorce
- A statement of how the couple's children will be divided in the event of a divorce
- A statement of how spousal support will be determined in the event of a divorce
The terms of a postnuptial agreement can vary widely. To learn more about what is included in a postnuptial agreement, contact The Wealthy Street Law Firm.
Why Would a Couple Consider a Postnuptial Agreement?
There are a number of reasons that a couple may consider entering into a postnuptial agreement. Some of the more common reasons include:
- One or both parties have assets that they want to protect
- One or both parties have debts that they want to protect from the other party
- One party has a business or a high income and wants to protect their assets
- One or both parties have children from a previous relationship and want to protect their assets from those children
To learn more about the reasons a couple may consider a postnuptial agreement, contact The Wealthy Street Law Firm.
This law firm is the best. Mr.Phillp Jones is one of the best attorneys. I would recommend him to any one. He got me through a rough time were I thought there was no way out. I think him for a job well done.- Colin
I highly recommend this firm! It helped my friends so much. We are truly grateful for this wonderful service.- Kayla H.
I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of their phenomenal services!- Hannah C.
I recommend this firm as he is assisting with a case for a friend of mine. He has been extremely helpful.- Candice R.
This law firm is incredible! I worked with Eli Rosenbaum and he helped me every step of the way! Mr. Rosenbaum did everything in his power to make sure that I was treated fairly, he even went back to the judge and corrected him on an error that was made that would help my case immensely. I am beyond pleased with service and professionalism of this law firm. I would recommend their services to any and everyone that needs a law firm that fights for their clients to the very end and beyond.- Edward Bowie
She was amazing, knowledgeable, and compassionate I look forward to her representing all upcoming cases. Bolinda was awesome.- Colin
They fight for whats best for you, family is their most importan mater. Michael King help me with my divorce when I was feeling hopeless about my case. He stud up for my daughter's safety and my rights I would go to them in a heart beat if ever needed help again. I just can't thank them enough Michael, Jackelyn, and hennessey they are all exelent people.- Veronica G. Herrera
My case was a bit complicated but, I thank God that I was able to find the right law firm to represent me and help me get through such a difficult time. Everything turned out even better than expected. The prices are also great and reasonable.- young mother