Grandparenting Time in Michigan

Michigan allows Grandparents to get a court order for grandparenting time in some situations. The parents must not object and typically this situation arises when there are issues of fitness of the parents. Drug use, abuse, neglect and many other real life issues lead to these situations where Grandparents are effectively raising the child in real life. If you need assistance with an issue like this then call me.

We are here to fight for you!

Call us at CELL/TEXT:(616) 589-7123

Office: (616) 202-3988

“Under MCL 722.27b, a grandparent may seek grandparenting time if

(a) an action for divorce, separate maintenance, or annulment involving the child’s parents is pending before the court;

(b) the child’s parents are divorced, separated under a judgment of separate maintenance, or have had their marriage annulled;

(c) the child’s parent who is a child of the grandparents is deceased;

(d) the child’s parents have never been married, they are not residing in the same household, and paternity has been established;

(e) legal custody of the child has been given to a person other than the child’s parent or the child is placed outside of and does not reside in the home of a parent; or

(f) in the year preceding the commencement of the action for grandparenting time, the grandparent provided an established custodial environment for the child, whether or not the grandparent had custody under a court order.

MCL 722.27b(1).”

Attorney Kurt Richardson (P77422)

The Wealthy Street Law Firm

1031 Wealthy St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506

CELL/TEXT:(616) 589-7123

Office: (616) 202-3988