Filing Matrimonial Actions in Grand Rapids

Compassionate & Experienced Michigan Family Lawyer

Matrimonial actions refer to any type of legal action handled in a courtroom which changes your marital status. If you and your spouse have decided to end your marriage and you want strong legal representation on your side, turn to The Law Firm of Wayne F. Crowe, Jr., P.C. We have more than a decade of experience focusing on family law and divorce cases and are committed to helping you resolve your case with as little stress as possible.

Contact us at (616) 202-3988 to schedule a free consultation with a Grand Rapids divorce lawyer.

Types of Matrimonial Actions We Represent

Every type of matrimonial action is distinct and serves a specific purpose. Since every family is different, we believe that you deserve the opportunity to discuss your options and determine what solution is right for you. For example, a legal separation may be right if you and your spouse want time apart, but do not want a finalized divorce. Whatever the case may be, we have the necessary experience and resources you need on your side to get through the proceedings of any type of matrimonial action.

There are three main types of matrimonial actions which include:

  • Legal separation
  • Divorce
  • Annulments

Seeking an Annulment in Michigan

An annulment is a unique type of matrimonial action which is different from divorce. While a divorce recognizes that a marriage took place and terminates it, an annulment essentially acts as if the divorce never happened. There are very specific conditions which must apply to your situation to qualify for an annulment, which we can go over with you to see if this is the right action for you.

You may qualify for an annulment if:

  • You or your spouse was under the age of 18 when you got married
  • Mental illness or incapacitation prevented either spouse from consenting to the marriage
  • There is proof of fraud, false pretenses, or force which led to the marriage
  • One spouse has been incapable of consummating the marriage

If you are ready to proceed with the help of a matrimonial action attorney in Grand Rapids, reach out to our firm today at (616) 202-3988.

We Can Help!

Contact Us Today With Any Inquiries

Get in Contact